Whether you have a job that requires frequent travel or you just enjoy spending time on the road, portable satellite Internet is the best way to keep you connected with your friends and family regardless of where you are in the world.
In today’s society, many people rely on their cell phones to keep them connected to the Internet when they are away from home.
While cell phones can be a useful alternative to satellite Internet, most cell phone plans only provide users with a limited amount of data before they reach their limit and are forced to pay overage fees.
Some cell phone companies offer unlimited data plans, however, after a certain amount of data is used within one billing period, internet service begins to slow down until the start of the next billing cycle. This can be frustrating depending on what you are using the Internet for.
Mobile Data Issues
If you have ever had to solely rely on your cell phone for Internet connection you might have run into these other issues as well.
- Slow service – Depending on your location, you could experience slow cell phone Internet connection due to lack of 3G or 4G services in the area you are located. Slow service can make it hard, as well as extremely frustrating to access websites, download apps, or send emails. Slow mobile data can be especially annoying if you are on vacation and would like to upload pictures to social networking sites to share with friends and family.
- No service – In some areas, there is little to no cell phone service, which means that, if you cannot find a place to access wifi, you are completely out of luck. This can be detrimental if you are on a trip and need to stay connected to the Internet in order to conduct business for work.
- Limited access to websites – In this day and age, many websites offer mobile versions or have mobile apps that allow you to browse their content, but they do not always offer the same features that the full webpage does. You can also experience problems if the site requires a web player that is not available on your cell phone.
Portable Satellite Internet
With this solution, you can ensure that you will have Internet wherever you go. It will allow you to stay connected and communicate with loved ones, as well as stream movies, download music, video chat, access maps, or stay up to date with the latest news while you are in your car, boat, RV, or in remote or rural areas.
The installation of satellite Internet is quick and fairly easy. The dishes are sold in a variety of sizes, so it is important to choose one that best fits your needs. Next, you will need to decide how the satellite will be affixed. These options include:
- Attachment with a tripod as a dock;
- Attaching it to a vehicle with nuts and bolts;
- Using a suction cup or a pad in order to attach it to the support surface.
If you plan on moving the satellite dish around, it is best to choose a small dish that can be packed and transported easily.
With portable satellite Internet, staying connected on the go is made easy.